Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Am I really too fractured in the ways that matter
To the man?

Am I really too fragile to be held
In his arms?

I guess this is it for me.
I will sit at the foot of this tree
That hides me from sight
Because I am too ashamed to stand up
And decorate its branches
With my personality.

It will cast its shadow over my face
So that, no one will even know
There is someone living there anymore.

With knees to my chest
With arms around my knees
With my face in my arms
With tears from my face


Every morning after I wake from a wet pillow
I still somehow squeak out my deepest hope

Please, let him find me, somehow.

When he finds me, let him want me,
Let him desire me,
Let him respect me,
Let him hold me,
Let him love you most.

But at this point,
there are too many scars
too many stains
too many rips in my dress
for any man

ANY

MAN

to look deeper behind that tree's branches
see me
and want me.

No comments:

Post a Comment