Sunday, January 16, 2011

Circus Tricks

So, I did something with someone I can't take back.

I wish I could because he does not care nor does he understand
And he certainly does not love.

Why did I do it?

I wanted it? I guess the that is the easiest explanation.

He called me baby for the moment. I liked it. He held me close, he kissed my hand.
He nuzzled my face and breathed into my ear.

Like venom to paralyze my conscious,
He bit my neck,
The only choice I could make was to agree to his terms.

Now, he doesn't even know what to do with me?

I guess even though my behavior permitted an escapist rationale
My heart is somehow safe guarded by some supernatural force
That has kept it from being infected by fantasies with him

I guess I should thank God for the nets he's carefully woven
Beneath me as I have chosen to walk a tightrope made up barbwire.

Yet, with all the mercy He's extended every time,
I stupidly keep reaching up at needle-riddled rope.

I let the metal pierce me
Over
and over
and over
Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment