Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Colors Tell Time

Sometimes I slow down
When I see that Yellow Light
Flash.

I slide on the break and ease
To a
Stop.

But this time,
I tried to speed through
It.

I tried to control
The fact I was too slow to make
It.

The Red Light Flashed
Suddenly.

I wasn't ready and slammed
the break
Hard.

I lurched foward
In my seat
Bang.

My head hirt the steering wheel
And I am knocked out
Cold.

My Car spins around and faces
Traffic coming at it
Fast.

My forehead bleeds
My heart stops
Now.

I wake up in a dream
My eyes open
Wide.

Why did you turn on the Red Light?
Why didn't you let me go
Through.

You thought you could outrun
My Clock,
Stupid.

Now, you must sit
And Wait
And Watch
And Wade
And Wander
And Wish
And Want
And Wallow
And Whince
And Whine
And Whisper

Prayers for a Green Light
Know it will come.

I open my eyes again.
I am in a hospital
bed.

My head hurts,
My heart aches,
My spirit cries.

Prayers for a quick recovery,
prayers for a green light,
prayers for a better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment