Wednesday, December 1, 2010

To Escape Never-Ever Land

And why'd I sing Hallelujah?
If it meant nothing to ya?

Are you not mine
Everything.

Are you not mine
All.

Who else is there in Heaven or Earth,
but You?

Why am I still wallowing
In Peter Pan's Neverland?

I am a lost girl,
I won't ever grow up,
To be a woman.

It's easy to distract
With games
With gambles,
With greed,
With grime.

I can dance
With my Shadow
All day and night.

I can chase It to all the ends
Of the World.
And like a wild-goose
It'll have me end
Up where I began.

With myself.

Is that my life?
Is that my everything?
Is that the beginning
and End?

I choose to walk away from my Shadow.
I choose to walk forward.

Until I am a woman
Who can walk straight
Please,

Take my hand
Walk with your little girl,
Until her Shadows are no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment