Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Our Song Ain't a Slammin' Screen Door, But it Was Inevitable

Let me be the one
Who calls you baby
All the time,

And when you're in doubt,
and when you're in danger,
Take a look all around,
and I'll be there.

It's okay. It's okay. It's okay.
Seasons were changing
And waves were crashing
And stars were falling all for us
Days grew longer and nights grew shorter
You did show me, I could be the one
Somehow...
And Until then,

I'll fly, fly across the sky
And I'll leave, I'll leave it all behind
If you'll be here, here with me tonight
And

I'll hold my breath
And lose the feeling
The I'm on my own.

Do you remember when we were just kids
And cardboard boxes took us miles from what we would miss
Schoolyard conversations taken to heart
And laughter took the place of everything we knew we were not
I'm sorry, but I'm just thinking of the right words to say.
Because I think of how my mistakes
Have made your heart break
So baby, I'm, baby I'm here.

While I recall all the words you spoke to me
Can't help but wish that I was there,
back where I'd love to be.

Dear God, the only thing I ask of you,
Is to hold me now that he's not around
Because I pushed away.

Did he leave me when he found me,
And now I wish'd I stayed.

Are you lonely?
Cause I'm tired.
Are you missing me again- oh no-
You're not.

You used to say,
Take a look at my girlfriend,
She's the only one I got.
But now, she's not much of a girlfriend,
Thank God, now that she's not.

So, I beg. I plead:

Please don't throw me away
Cause I'm still here for you
Please don't walk away and
Please tell me you'll stay, stay
So, I guess I dare to dream.
I dare to wonder,
Dare to hope

To be your last first kiss.

Until then,
I'll disappear, take flight on the wind of wishing you were here
Fading light, like a star whose life has been gone for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment