Friday, December 3, 2010

Open Graves

Forgive me.

I snuck back into our closet.

unlocked

unchained

untied

unfolded

unleashed

Crumpled pieces of paper,
Singed with smoke
From the cigarrette

I smoked that night.

After the slams
The screams
The quiet tears
I cried
and
You ignored.

Not much has changed.

After the slam
The screams
The loud tears
I cried
and
You ignored.

I hold onto those pieces of paper
and write on them again the secrets
we tried so hard to ship away
but they kept returning
to our mailbox.

Now you don't even check
the inbox because it is too much
to see ourselves from 3 years ago.

So, I go alone to pick up
the letters
that are heavy to hold
and painful to bear.

Sir, would you please take these and burn them.

M'am, your memories are all there.

Sir, and it is better to have never loved
than lose it all in one night.

No comments:

Post a Comment